AAP image/Joel Carrett
North Melbourne player Tarryn Thomas is again facing an uncertain AFL future as the club investigates the circumstances surrounding reports of new allegations relating to inappropriate behaviour towards women.
According to a report by SEN on Wednesday afternoon, the 22-year-old has been accused of sending more threatening text messages.
It is unclear when those were sent.
The latest report comes after multiple women detailed allegations of inappropriate behaviour by Thomas, including threats of violence, to the AFL integrity unit earlier this year.
Those allegations led to Thomas temporarily stepping away from North Melbourne at the end of January.
He was allowed back to the club for training late last month under the condition he take part in a respect and responsibility education program before returning to AFL action.
Thomas is also due to face court next week on a charge of “threatening to distribute an intimate image”.
Following Wednesday’s report, North Melbourne ordered Thomas not to attend Thursday’s scheduled training session.
It is unclear when he will return to the club.
North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson was due to front a press conference on Thursday, but it has now been pushed back to Friday.
“North Melbourne is aware of media reports regarding Tarryn Thomas,” the club said in a statement on Wednesday.
“Thomas has been participating in a respect and responsibility education program that deals with accountability, remorse and behaviour change following allegations of inappropriate behaviour towards women.
“As has been communicated previously, North Melbourne and Thomas will co-operate fully in relation to any further allegation or investigation.
“Thomas will not attend training on Thursday while the club gathers more information.”
Thomas faced court earlier this month on two charges of violating a court order, but North Melbourne confirmed those charges were subsequently dropped.
Thomas has not been considered for senior selection so far this season but has been allowed to play VFL practice matches.
The Kangaroos have previously indicated Thomas is running out of chances and Clarkson said last week the talented youngster still had work to do before earning an AFL recall.
“There’s three buckets that he needs to address,” Clarkson said last Friday.
“One is with the AFL integrity (unit) and the police, there’s another one within our own club and then there’s the football conditioning side of it.
“He’s continuing to tick those boxes and when we get a green tick for all of them … we’d expect that to be in the next three or four weeks.”
Thomas, a first-round draft pick in 2018, has played 57 games for North Melbourne.