MIND MOVES CHESS CLUB
Where: Windsor Community Precinct Health and Wellbeing Centre, Community Hall - Area 3, 1 Windsor Drive, Riverside
When: Every Monday evening during school terms (excluding Tasmanian public holidays) between 6:30pm and 7:30pm.
Details: If you love to play chess and want to improve your game or if you want to learn how to play chess, come along and join us! If you like competing, then you’ll have the option to participate in School Tournaments and our very own club tournament! Most importantly, you’ll meet new friends, with similar interests, while having fun!
Chess is an art, science and sport combined
Benefits of Chess:
• Improves Analytical thinking and challenges the intellect
• Develops concentration and focusing skills
• Cultivates strategic thinking
• Emotionally challenging and great for self-awareness
• Easy to learn and fun
• Encourages interaction with others
Mind Moves Chess Club is a club for all level players, specifically geared to accommodate and develop children with difficulties such as ADHD and Autism as well as gifted children. Please note that ALL CHILDREN 5-18 years are welcome and encouraged to come along, even if you are participating in your school’s chess club already. Come along, have fun with us and get some extra practice!
You’ve got to check this mate!
Cost: $5 per evening | Insurance fee of $20 per year
Contact: For further details or to register contact Rose-Nel - Club President | P: 0417 981 770 | E: [email protected] | W: www.mindmoves.info
You may also like...
- A supplied image obtained on September 21, 2017 of Fergie on the cover of her new album Double Dutchess which is out now. (AAP Image/BMG Rights...A "pretty emotional" Darius Boyd will be ready to fire on his injury return in Brisbane's NRL preliminary final against Melbourne, despite the loss of...